Its all about the 100 days where its all by myself.. I have never been on my own, either it was Parents or wife or some relative taking care of me... Post Marriage, there was never a time where we stayed away for as long as now.. When she was carrying, I would meet her at least once in a day or two... I stayed away from my Parents since i landed here.. With me missing my son now, I realized how much my Parents would miss me... But, this is all about the last 100 days of being alone...
Discount the 20 day vacation where I spent time with everyone I loved and with everyone who loved me.. It's about close to 100 days where I had to live on my own.. Family was on vacation, more important that they cannot miss those events but I had to sacrifice owing to job..
Well, I have to be watchful of what I eat owing to the internal health issues.. To be honest, my wife did not trust me that I will be watchful and she was thinking I would break free with whatever I get to eat.. But to my own surprise, I was watchful.. Probably because I turned responsible.. growth of my son and dependency of my family was always at the top of my consciousness.., I resolved myself to have more home food..
I am not even a good cook, neither had a larger experience.. so for initial few days I had to depend on recipes jotted by my wife.. When I got good practice over it, I started making same kind of Sambar and Rasam for 2/3 of my 100 days.. May b I was afraid experimenting.. Excuse, I had little time to cook that I did not feel like experimenting.. I had a bit tight work schedule between March and April that I did not even cook properly most of the time..
I made sure I cooked right over the weekend.. Probably tried couple more types of Sambar, Rasam, Veggies.. I am blessed to be surrounded by some good people that they invited me home for some sumptuous food.. Those little dinners made me feel home... Sometimes I took the liberty of eating in a south Indian veg restaurant.. Well, My wife did not like but sometimes I am selfish :)
Mostly, my work days were between bagels and croissants... My thinking is those will not do any harm but my wife thought otherwise... but she was graceful to understand my situation and let me take that liberty..
Enough of food.. Now, I missed my son and wife big time.. sometimes, it was video call to watch my Son's magics... There is nothing on Earth like watching your kid grow.. I missed some days of it... Well, I never missed calling my Parents at regular intervals and now I added my wife to those long distance calling list... I atleast made sure I texted her even if I missed calling her on few days..
This has been the tough days of life as I had to miss my Son's birthday.. But my wife ensured it was grand and great... You are made to miss some great things may be for a larger purpose... That's how i had to convince myself :P.. I missed my wife big time... It was more like life was walking when it was supposed to run.. It didn't move ahead it was jus crawling...
I knocked the door and I opened it myself :)... Get home, make some food, eat, watch some old movies... Somehow i lived some days and survived the rest... I waited for my wife to watch new movies as I felt I need a better company... There is no fun watching movies all alone.. I was jus passing time and counting days for my family to arrive...
From other end, My Wife was feeling the same.. She missed me so badly that she didn't have a shoulder to lean when she felt let down... Mood swings.. with all the fights and misunderstandings, there is nothing like a husband and wife relationship... Probably the break helped us understand each other better... Whatever happens, Life has to go on.. Trying to be +ve...
My son had some of the best times of his life with his grand parents, relatives & new friends.. He was a new celebrity in town :-).. Everyone loved him so much which discounted my worry about him... He learnt his native language and can now communicate in 2 languages... It was one of my expectations when I let him go for 5 months... He knew our Gods, our Practices and our culture... so we won in that sense and we're satisfied...
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans... My favourite quote... This may be one of his plans where we had to stay away to stay better... Little breaks make big difference.. Forgetting the pain of loneliness and the cooking struggle, it taught a little something about life and the value of living together.., Either side, we were transparent and we had stories to share everyday...
Well, We both decided no more of across the continent relationship.... Its together forever... Me and my soul(s) all my life... Hopefully God agrees...
100 days of loneliness will hopefully end mid next week if everything goes well... Now I am a better cook and I always dream about cooking a good meal for my wife and kid... Love in my life will be back soon.. It's together forever after 100 days... We were just away physically but memories kept us connected.., A different experience however something we may not need again :-)
Love you my dear... with plenty of gifts, I am waiting... God bless...!
No comments:
Post a Comment