Monday, December 31, 2018

Behind the scenes !!!

Life is more about behind the scenes than what we present to the world.. And the year that has passed by is lot about what made us strong internally.. Lot of near misses and fortune reversals...

The year came a full circle as it ended the way it started.. Just like how I am looking for work now, I was looking for work then too.. It wasn't easy when we have a job and then to search for work... But that is how the corporate world works.. Nevertheless, it wasn't a long wait however it wasn't in the field of my experience... I got the work as the Manager over there believed in me more than I believed in myself... It wasn't such a challenging stuff as there was always someone to help and I was able to do it due to the amount of time available.. It was mutually rewarding...

Post which there was an usual run of events with more work in middle of the year and then came the last quarter... Last quarter is always tricky and it was more trickier this year.. From Problem it became a Problem of plenty as I was given an opportunity to go across the North and an opportunity opening up within the same client.. Here and there a couple of days that tilted the decision.... I am still not sure if it happened in our favor or if it was another stern test that we need to pass through... However I chose to (or made to chose) to go across the north and moved with family..

Although we weren't too much interested to leave the country that we were in, we didn't have much option.. Add to that a fear of future, we ended up relocating to the new place... As the process to start work was going on, we found a place to stay through my ever influential wife... It is so amazing that you name a place and she has a friend there... Well, that is a tribute to her friendliness.. Help is something that you seed.. If we help someone today, we would find someone to help us when we are in need... It's so true with us.. Since it was just across the border and we have been in worser weather, it didn't take long for us to assimilate...

It's a new place so we had to start from scratch.. It was good since I had time in hand as I did not start work... But I didn't know then that I would have more time than expected and it would become a pain.. As days rolled into weeks and finally into a month, we were bit anxious as we did not hear an update... When we checked, we were left to rue the relocation as the position I was supposed to fill in was dropped by the client.. Sometimes our choice don't work as we expect it to... Now back to search for work... No one is to blame except the destiny... It wasn't something that anyone anticipated and was not prepared for as I was relocated after proper due diligence... 

Well, now back to square-one.. again interview... again selection process.. twist in the tale is all of this happened close to holidays.. Though I got through the process and I know am relocating (that's what I believe as of now), we don't know when.. Between these were moments of anxiety and worries... We had to find a new home and find a new school... We already went through a big process and a painful blood work for my son before he could be admitted in school... Now to realize that we have to do it all over again is frightening albeit we hope there will be no poking his hand this time...

Between all this, am amazed by the flexibility and adaptability of my kid.. If all goes well, he would be in third school in third different city before he finishes his Kindergarten... He just makes new friends wherever he goes... Just like his previous school, am sure even his current school would miss him... Probably he has envisioned the nature of life which can sometimes football you around... Hopefully it keeps him in good stead...

Amid all the chaos, there were some lessons... There is always a new destination once you reach somewhere... Every end is a beginning... Nothing is certain until you start... As they say in cricket, game is not over until the final ball is bowled... Man proposes, God disposes... There is always a silverlight in every dark time... Probably our roots are hardened with every chaos and the way we get through it... You learn who your friends are when life puts you in a spot... And we are blessed with a few who always cared and worried about us.. In a way this could be a blessing in disguise as we get to see more places picking up more experiences along the way...  

I did not write about the deadlock that our Permanent residency application resulted in... We always knew my health issue will be a cause of concern but we never imagined it would block our application process... We had to approach a lawyer to compose a response and it came at a cost... As of today, we are still hoping it would get through as we stay across the border... Pray and hope to pop in once it is approved... This was one of the decisive factors to just stay across the border than to travel afar to homeland... 

People who just saw our smiles would have never known the story beneath... This was all behind the scenes.. For the last couple of years, there was a hidden worry cum fear about my health though we have never exhibited it to outside world.. My Health is a core reason as we try to extend our stay in this part of the world... With all due respect to the Country and People who made me who I am today, it is the working hours and more time at home leans me towards this side of the isle...  Thanks to our God and my doctor at home, it is going good so far with no flip flops... 

Though it is to be said, I miss one thing I dearly long for every now and then... It is the service that I do in the temple in my home town... Just to stay in the temple and help in whatever ways I can was my hobby and work during my childhood... Probably it was the only thing I knew and remember... I still try to make it for the yearly festival although it is not always I am blessed with... Sometimes Family takes over... Sometimes work takes over... As I have dependents and I am a dependent on income, sometimes I am unable to overrule the destiny... Hopefully I get blessed this time...

Every smile is a mask to a story which only very few may be aware of... Its better described in the lines that I read in a FB post from an acquaintance...  'Everyone is fighting a battle that we knew nothing about though it might not seem like it'... I take this as a lesson for this year... People smile not because they are happy but because it can zip a lot of other emotions... World outside will never know the scenes behind a smile and this is one such year for us... Now to sum up, Life in this year, gave us lot of reasons to smile.. :P...

Values of Friends and Relatives increase with every step that we keep.. We as a family more or less lean on each other & stay positive but sometimes the human mind kicks in with some negativity... When Life is heavier than the sum of its parts, shoulders we chose to lean on include Parents, relatives and friends... We are so blessed and lucky to have as many People as we have around us... We are lucky to have ears that can listen to us and lips that can pray for us... 

There was nothing significant except the increase in list of items we added to our Prayer.. I am sure every year is not the same... Its all about combination of good and better things.. I am just a believer that things happen in life for something good or for something better.. There is nothing bad that happens... It can only go upwards from here... Every story ends up as a memory or as an experience... 

Between all the chaos is a hope for miracle... Just keep praying for what you want every morning and be thankful for what you receive, every night... If I do a vote of thanks, it would be to all our friends and relatives who made the year a better sail than it looked...  Everything happens for a reason... Hopefully the year to come will be significant and a year that moves us forward... Looking forward to  miracle(s).. 

Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve.. Good Luck to myself and everyone as we step into 2019 !!!

No comments: