I started wondering what this weekend could be, when someone wished me 'Happy Weekend' on friday evening... Its because, I dint hav any plans for movie.. neither an outing.. To be honest, the only plan I had in my mind was to sit back at home... But sometimes, Life has its own plans.. It was one of the best weekend in the near past...It all started with a call(on saturday morning) from one of my close friend who just returned back from his native... actually I had plans of going to bank on Saturday morning, to settle my credit card bills.. But my friend wanted me to come for a movie.. As he was traveling to Bhubaneshwar that night, and it will take some months to meet him again, I agreed to his plans and pushed mine to next week... After little discussions, we finalized for the movie 'Madarasapattinam'...
I heard from People that the movie was good and worth watching.. The movie was set in India's Pre-Independence era wherein a British Governor's girl fell in love with an Indian washer-man.. and how they get together forms the crux of the story... Apart from the love which was portrayed so nicely, the Chennai before 1947 was brought out more naturally.. All those canals, Central station were awesome on screen... Of Course, The city and the love was more beautiful than what it is now... We even thought chennai could hav stayed the same.. It was worth watching..
We then went out for lunch... then, I invited them to my home.. We all agreed that everyone will assemble in my home by evening 6... As decided, everyone came home.. actually, We had plans of goin to beach... But Rain spoiled the plans... Hence, we decided to stay back at home.. We started talking about all our college lyf... We then spoke to few of our friends over phone... It was like a nice little get-together at home... It was nice to host my close friends... I felt a lot satisfied.. It was never planned.. not even I thought I'll host them that evening.. But the evening made a spl entry in my Life.... One of Life's sweet surprise... These are sweet little things that are so close to my heart... I'll remember that evening forever... I loved that surprise...
Then We walked out in rain for sometime.. that was a nice drizzle.. it was like God's blessing that dropped so sweet on us...
Mmm.. Then everyone left.. My friend left to Bhubaneshwar.. That moment was pretty heavy, because We never know when this good time will be back again.. But all is hope and We hoped to make a meet soon...
Then came a sunday... A Happy day wit my Family.. again a surprise.. As My Dad and Mom were leaving for thirupati this evening, I thought I'll have my dinner n some hotel.. So, I called up my cousin and asked him for his availability... He said okay...
After sometime, He rang me and told he'll give a treat and he has invited all my cousins.. I was n a sweet shock... then I met my sister and We had a chit-chat for some time.. Then she came to my home.. Soon, all my cousins came to my home... After some chit-chatting, we all left for the restaurant.. We had a nice little dinner sharing nice jokes and chit-chats...
It ended wit an Ice-cream.... The weekend was as sweet as that Ice-Cream.. But the sad thing is, it also melted as soon as an Ice-cream :)
At the end of the day as I blog it, I am so happy that the weekend ended in a nice way.. Ideally, its a nice beginning for next 5 (Working) days... :)
I enjoyed it.. A good movie, splendid evening wit friends, Nice little dinner with cousins.. what more I can ask for.. It was kind of Life's surprise to keep itself happy... The best thing is, it found the right People to make t worth... These days will be etched in memory for longer time...
I enjoyed it.. I also enjoyed reliving it here while blogging... These joy knw no bounds... It was a Gifted Weekend... A smile is attached as a receipt for the gift... :)
Oops... Now comes a monday morning... again 5 long days... and Office... :P
Thanks for all those(Inclusive of God) who made this week a special one in my LIFE... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment